June 6, 2011
Make the most of the great weather forecast this week with these great events happening in Sydney.
Monday 6 June
- Archibald Prize – Art Gallery of NSW, Art Gallery Rd, The Domain – The Archibald Prize is in its last weeks at the Art Gallery NSW. Don’t miss your chance to see some amazing portraits in Australia’s most prestigious art awards. Gallery open 10am-5pm. Tickets $10.
Tuesday 7 June
- Kylie Minogue – Sydney Entertainment Centre, 35 Harbour St, Darling Harbour – Australia’s pop princess, Kylie Minogue, returns to Sydney with her dazzling new show Aphrodite Les Folies at the Sydney Entertainment Centre. With the synth-pop goodness of Gypsy & The Cat as the support act, you’re guaranteed a night of great music and dancing. Doors open 7pm. Tickets from $99.95 plus booking fee.
Wednesday 8 June
- Sydney Film Festival – The Sydney Film Festival has an amazing line up of Australian and international films showing at various venues around Sydney until Sunday 19 June. There are movies, short films, documentaries and animations that everyone will enjoy, but these tickets always sell out so buy tickets quickly. Tickets from $17.
Thursday 9 June
- Joan As Police Woman – Factory Theatre, 105 Victoria Rd, Marrickville – The critically acclaimed Joan As Police Woman performs live at the Factory Theatre, an event that is sure to leave audiences in awe of Joan Wasser’s musical talents. Doors open 7pm. Tickets $73.10 plus booking fee.
Friday 10 June
- Little Red – Metro Theatre, 624 George St, Sydney – Start the long weekend by dancing to some great pop songs from Australia’s favourite indie pop band Little Red. A delight to see live, you’ll be humming Little Red’s harmonies for days after. Doors open 7.30pm. Tickets $33.70 plus booking fee.